Jessi's Journey Blog #7
Welcome to the seventh blog entry for Jessi’s Journey towards her figure competition on May 25th, 2019. Her resistance training remains the same as she continues to focus on hypertrophy training. Jessi has changed her cardiovascular training to burn a few more calories because of her increased diet.
As of February 10th her cardiovascular training is as follows:
- 30 minutes Moderate Intensity Steady State x3/week
- 20 minutes High Intensity Interval Training (20 seconds sprint, 40 seconds walk) + 5 min warmup and cooldown = 30 minutes x2/week
- Post or pre workout cardio - 10 minutes moderate intensity
Total cardio per week- 200 minutes
The MISS and HIIT cardio sessions are done fasted, first thing in the morning to burn up stored fat.
Jessi’s diet continues the same as before as well, she continues to do her carbohydrate cycling.
Carbohydrate cycling has started on February 2nd, 2019. Carbohydrate cycling will be 2 low carbohydrate days, 4 medium carbohydrate days and 1 high carbohydrate day (that is the refeed day)
- 245g carbs/170g protein/70g fat 4x/week on legs/back/chest/shoulder days
- 220g carbs/170g protein/75g fat 2x/ week on rest or cardio days
- On saturday’s eat as you normally would throughout the day. Follow the same breakfast/lunch/dinner but allow 3 hours MAX of as many calories as possible.
- 250g carbohydrates (previously 300g)/145g protein/80g fat
- 4 litres of water per day
1x /week refeed (Saturday’s) meal post-workout only :
- 400g+ carbohydrates/125g protein/60g fat
Macro nutrients Timing:
- 1hr Pre-workout:
1cup white rice, 3oz chicken breast, 1/2 avocado, Himalayan sea salt
- Immediately post workout:
1 scoop protein isolate
- 30 to 60mins post workout:
1 cup white rice, 4oz chicken breast, Himalayan sea salt
All other meals are filled in with remaining macro nutrients. The food isn't super specific right now other than around workout times. We're still 16 weeks away from the competition date, so there will be more dietary changes in the coming weeks and months.
If you haven’t found a posing coach by now or haven’t been practicing your poses daily then it is very important to get that started right away. Once Jessi enters the last few weeks of training, her memory will be less sharp. Therefore we want her poses to be practiced so much that it is in her muscle memory and has become second nature. How Jessi presents all her hard work is a huge component of this whole process.
Be sure to ask Jessi questions at any time during this journey. You can contact her through her profile or by calling Flex Fitness 24/7.
For more information to have Jessi design an online program for you or to book one-on-one personal training with Jessi, then click on the link. Also, checkout Jessi’s very inspiring trainer profile here and learn more about the motivation behind her goals.
Let’s get excited and cheer Jessi on to winning first place!