Jessi's Journey Blog #6
Welcome to the sixth blog entry for Jessi’s Journey towards her figure competition on May 25th, 2019. Her resistance training remains the same as she continues to focus on hypertrophy training. Jessi has changed her cardiovascular training to burn a few more calories because of her increased diet.
As of February 10th her cardiovascular training is as follows:
- 30 minutes Moderate Intensity Steady State x3/week
- 20 minutes High Intensity Interval Training (20 seconds sprint, 40 seconds walk) + 5 min warmup and cooldown = 30 minutes x2/week
- Post or pre workout cardio - 10 minutes moderate intensity
Total cardio per week- 200 minutes
The MISS and HIIT cardio sessions are done fasted, first thing in the morning to burn up stored fat.
Jessi’s diet continues the same as before as well, she continues to do her carbohydrate cycling.
Carbohydrate cycling has started on February 2nd, 2019. Carbohydrate cycling will be 2 low carbohydrate days, 4 medium carbohydrate days and 1 high carbohydrate day (that is the refeed day)
- 245g carbs/170g protein/70g fat 4x/week on legs/back/chest/shoulder days
- 220g carbs/170g protein/75g fat 2x/ week on rest or cardio days
- On saturday’s eat as you normally would throughout the day. Follow the same breakfast/lunch/dinner but allow 3 hours MAX of as many calories as possible.
- 250g carbohydrates (previously 300g)/145g protein/80g fat
- 4 litres of water per day
1x /week refeed (Saturday’s) meal post-workout only :
- 400g+ carbohydrates/125g protein/60g fat
Macro nutrients Timing:
- 1hr Pre-workout:
1cup white rice, 3oz chicken breast, 1/2 avocado, Himalayan sea salt
- Immediately post workout:
1 scoop protein isolate
- 30 to 60mins post workout:
1 cup white rice, 4oz chicken breast, Himalayan sea salt
All other meals are filled in with remaining macro nutrients. The food isn't super specific right now other than around workout times. We're still 16 weeks away from the competition date, so there will be more dietary changes in the coming weeks and months.
At this point Jessi says it is very important to maintain a regular stretching routine because of the heavy lifting each day. This will promote growth and help with recovery, as well as prevent injuries.
Here are Jessi’s latest measurements that were taken on February 18, 2019. She has lost 2.88 lbs of fat, gained 4.88 lbs of muscle and dropped 2.3% body fat over the last two months. Keep posted to see the numbers continue to change as she gets closer to her competition date.
Weight: 149.2 lbs/67.82 kgs
Skin Fold Measurements:
- Bicep 8.0 cm
- Tricep 15.0 cm
- Scapula 13.0 cm
- iliac 16.0 cm
- Chest 88.0 cm
- Biceps right/left 29.50 cm/29.0 cm
- Waist 73.0cm
- Hips 99.0 cm
Body Fat % = 27.02%
Fat Mass = 18.57 kgs
Fat Free Mass = 50.16 kgs
Be sure to ask Jessi questions at any time during this journey. You can contact her through her profile or by calling Flex Fitness 24/7.
For more information to have Jessi design an online program for you or to book one-on-one personal training with Jessi, then click on the link. Also, checkout Jessi’s very inspiring trainer profile here and learn more about the motivation behind her goals.
Let’s get excited and cheer Jessi on to winning first place!